jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What are you? A giver or a taker ?

1. learner365 profile image77
    learner365posted 6 years ago

What are you? A giver or a taker ?

2. Alexander Pease profile image60
    Alexander Peaseposted 6 years ago

I am a taker, but not in the sense that I am not thankful for what I am given.

3. Africanus profile image60
    Africanusposted 6 years ago

Depending on the circumstances, I could be one of each, but most of the time, I practise a bit of give-and-take.

4. capricornrising profile image59
    capricornrisingposted 6 years ago

Without question, a giver. I've always had a difficult time taking from others - help, advice, money, compliments, etc. However, I do have something of a messiah complex, and always think I can fix what's broken, something I've had to admit to myself isn't always true. This won't make me stop trying, though!

5. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I would class myself as a giver. Don't get me wrong, I love receiving the odd thing and am always grateful for it, but I prefer to make people happy by giving them things.

6. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

Like everyone else, I'm a little of both.

7. MakeEasyCash profile image77
    MakeEasyCashposted 6 years ago

Hmmm..both… It all depends on the current state I am in. There has been times in my life bountiful  and lucrative in which case I am always giving but then times can become much tighter in which I will accept help if need be.  Humans are inclined to help those they know and like if need be and I believe that is how we should be. Help those that need it now.

8. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

If you mean in general...honestly, I've never really given anything--not even to a homeless person. I'm pretty terrible. I buy people gifts, but I don't donate money to charity or anything like that. If you're talking about Christmas time, yes, I buy everyone gifts. But I hate receiving gifts from people.

9. eye say profile image80
    eye sayposted 6 years ago

a giver, and too much so more often than not ...

10. ithabise profile image84
    ithabiseposted 6 years ago

The pattern shows that I'm a giver...just always putting others before myself. No regrets about it.

11. profile image0
    ChuckGposted 6 years ago

In order to be a good giver, one must learn to take. I learned this lesson on accepting gifts when I worked in the hotel industry. In order to be a good taker you must learn to give. There should be a balance of both to become a better person. I want to be a better person. I do both. Not balanced yet, give more than I take, but getting there.

working