jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Should Herman Cain quit the race for the 2012 Republican Party nomination for Pr

1. Daisy Mariposa profile image87
    Daisy Mariposaposted 6 years ago

Should Herman Cain quit the race for the 2012 Republican Party nomination for President of the US?

What would you advise Herman Cain to do?

2. Rock_nj profile image91
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

I would advise him to quit, unless he is planning on running again in 2016 and wants to build name recognition for his next run.  At this point, his 2012 campaign seems hopeless.  Going on with it is going to cost him a lot of money.  I can't see how he can win the nomination at this point.

3. Attikos profile image78
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

He may as well. Whether Cain is guilty as sin or innocent as a lamb, or any degree in between, his candidacy has been destroyed by this smear campaign. Continuing will run up large debts, and all losing politicians find those difficult either to pay or to escape.

The more interesting question remains. Who is behind these unsubstantiated accusations of sexual misconduct? They haven't all cropped up spontaneously, nor are the leftie media e.g. Politico doing it indendently. My money's on that sleazy Obama operator Axelrod, but we can't rule out an equally unethical retardican pro working either for Romney or the party establishment.

4. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I really think he ought to.   When a candidacy starts to look too much like a circus act it ought to end.  The last election was a big circus act that has only recently started to die down a little.  We don't need another one.

5. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

I do not think so. It is foolish for him to be so low because of "accusations". Who cares if he makes sexual advances? Every man does. If every man was pushed out of his future positions because of sexual advances, no man would ever have a job because of their actions between the ages of 12 and 25. I'm more disappointed with society than Cain.

6. Ralph Deeds profile image61
    Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago

Herman Cain isn't remotely qualified to be president. His 9-9-9 "plan" is no more than a radica, poorly-thought-out, unrealistic slogan. And his knowledge of history and foreign policy is close to zero. He never should have entered the race.

7. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Yes, whether he is guilty of the affair or not--he did admit that his wife did not know he was giving this woman money.  So if he is willing to keep those kinds of things from his wife--what would he do as president and keep from the country.

8. profile image0
    Rosemary Banksposted 6 years ago

Word has it he has already called it quits, and he should..

9. Daisy Mariposa profile image87
    Daisy Mariposaposted 6 years ago

According to the headline article on the Fox News Web site, Herman Cain *suspended* his campaign.

He didn't exactly *quit*... yet.

working