jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How do you think the rest of the world views the U.S. right now?

1. jcoop profile image60
    jcoopposted 6 years ago

How do you think the rest of the world views the U.S. right now?

In light of recent sanctions, wars, elections, recessions, global aid, etc. is the U.S. seen as more of a helpful big brother, so to speak, or a nuisance that can't keep its nose out of everyone else's business?

2. DonDWest profile image62
    DonDWestposted 6 years ago

The USA is viewed with a lot of suspicion around the world - mostly suspect motives and positions. You also come across as being inconsistent. Many believe the state has succumbed to madness.

3. ShawnB2011 profile image61
    ShawnB2011posted 6 years ago

We used to be an intimidating country, one that most countries wouldn't dare upset. But now, it seems as though we are weak and I believe that they are laughing at us now. They don't heed our warnings anymore, unwilling to make deals with us and then us spending ten years in war without an obvious outcome of victory as in a traditional war, really has changed other counties outlook on the U.S. for the worst I think.

4. jcoop profile image60
    jcoopposted 6 years ago

ShawnB2011, I think you're absolutely right about other countries laughing at us, especially after losing one of our drone planes to Iran, who will most likely sell the tech. to China or Russia.

5. Perspycacious profile image81
    Perspycaciousposted 6 years ago

There are almost as many answers to this question as there are countries and organizations.  Hopefully, someone has an informed world view comprehensive enough to give a more or less definitive answer to your question.  Any takers?

6. frogtalk profile image71
    frogtalkposted 6 years ago

I don't think the US is seen as very good right now...Six years ago people still had respect for the US...now, the US is seen as senseless, people who are spenders and don't pay off their debts. It's a wonder that we haven't been blown up yet.

7. Cara.R profile image75
    Cara.Rposted 6 years ago

Same way we do. Some think America is a dream come true, some think it is falling apart and some are misinformed. Even with all are differences, I think we all have a mixture of feels about our country of origin.

8. nightwork4 profile image62
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

on average, most of the world detests the US. it's not the general public they detest but rather the last administration. i think people look at the US as a bully, a let-down and as people who have given way too much power to their government. if bush accomplished one thing during his time in office, it is hatred for his country.

9. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

Hopefully it's viewed as what it is:  a fascist regime that happens also to be the hub of the New World Order.