jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How many people want to see the United States Postal Service stay afloat?

1. Alexander Pease profile image61
    Alexander Peaseposted 6 years ago

How many people want to see the United States Postal Service stay afloat?

It is projected that in ten years the USPS will be no more. Do you want to keep the national mail carrier open. or are other options likeFed Ex and UPS just as good?

2. Sunshine625 profile image94
    Sunshine625posted 6 years ago

I do! I support them fully by using their services daily. The USPS rocks!

3. ShawnB2011 profile image61
    ShawnB2011posted 6 years ago

No, all they do is send tons of junk mail. I'd rather get an email than paper mail any day. Plenty of other package delivery services. Might be a lil more expensive but service is usually better anyways.

4. Moderndayslave profile image60
    Moderndayslaveposted 6 years ago

I want them to stay the way they are. .Apparently the way they are required to fund their pension system  years in advance is what is destroying them. People claim that E-mail and online bill pay is better but just ask someone that has their credit card stolen from an online transaction,like me. I don't feel that the computer/online system is secure 100% of the time no matter how much you try to convince me it is. I am running up to date anti-virus and it didn't help.I will continue to mail a check for my payments so I get a paper receipt of the transaction.Just remember one thing,in a court of law " If it's not on paper, It didn't happen". How many jobs should we eliminate anyway.

5. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

I do........my Dad works at the post office.  I hope they don't do away with it.

6. Nefarious_Misery profile image69
    Nefarious_Miseryposted 6 years ago

I think it's only a matter of time before paper mail, newspapers, etc. are a thing of the past. Soon enough everything is going to be done online.

7. pstraubie48 profile image88
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

i do because there are some, particularly in rural areas, that depend on the s smail service in their town for their Social Security checks. Some of them have no bank accounts so they do not have direct deposit. Many in rural areas have no transportation to a town that may be as far away as 20 miles.
    Losing post office could be devastating to those people.

8. Vapid Maven profile image61
    Vapid Mavenposted 6 years ago

I do but they need to re-organize for the times. Personal letters and paper bills are pretty much becoming a thing of the past due to the internet but goods still need to be delivered.

9. athena2011 profile image57
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

I would love for them to stay in business. They employ so many people that it will be really bad if they go out of business. Someone needs to look into how it is being run and trim the fat perhaps to help them stay afloat.

working