jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

When does a human being come into existence during pregnancy?

1. restlesswaters profile image59
    restlesswatersposted 6 years ago

When does a human being come into existence during pregnancy?

At what point during a woman's pregnancy does a human being come into existence? Provide an embryological, scientific, or biological reason for your answer.

2. dadibobs profile image60
    dadibobsposted 6 years ago

That depends completely on which country you live in. China for example do not consider the baby a human being until its first unassisted breath. Each country has its own time frame for the different stages of development.

hope it helps.

3. Jason Matthews profile image91
    Jason Matthewsposted 6 years ago

This is a tough question, and I do not think there is any definitive answer. However, I personally believe a human comes into existence at the beginning of embryogenesis, which is roughly two weeks after conception, from what I understand.

4. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

The baby is a human being as soon as the mother's egg unites with the father's sperm.  The Bible never used the term "pregnant".  It always referred to a woman as "with child".  You can read about the different stages of growth of the CHILD even at that very early stage.  To take an unborn baby's life is murder.  Many do not believe this, but I feel very strongly about this.  A women "with child" has  a living, breathing, kicking child inside them.

5. restlesswaters profile image59
    restlesswatersposted 6 years ago

Excellent answer, Emily Sparks. You hit the nail on the head. Anyone who says that a human being begins at some arbitrary point after fertilization is doing so to justify abortion. I can think of no other reason for doing so.

To further support your position, here is an excellent article regarding when a human being begins:

http://catholiceducation.org/articles/a … b0027.html

Many people I've shared this with dismiss the article because it's on a Catholic web site, but it is true none the less. The article is on a Catholic website, but it lists non-Catholic references. A good read!

1. Robert the Bruce profile image61
      Robert the Bruceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Restless, you didn't even abide by the parameters of your own question! You required embryological, scientific, or biological evidence---does Emily's answer provide any of this!? Don't ask for facts if your don't really want them.

6. kaiyan717 profile image81
    kaiyan717posted 6 years ago

Immediately upon conception a baby is another life.