jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What foods should you eat to prevent excess weight gain during pregnancy?

1. Turtlewoman profile image94
    Turtlewomanposted 6 years ago

What foods should you eat to prevent excess weight gain during pregnancy?

2. Emma Harvey profile image91
    Emma Harveyposted 6 years ago

It's hard to watch what you eat when you're pregnant - especially when you're tired, run down or have cravings.

The best thing is to plan your meals. Eating for two shouldn't be taken literally. Eat high fiber carbs like wholemeal pasta, baked sweet potato and brown rice for energy. Don't over fill your plate and don't snack on sweets or chocolate.

Nuts and seeds are full of omega 3 oils, great for baby's brain, if you like to snack. Tinned fish is also good.

Drink loads of water. This won't just keep you hydrated, but fill you up too.

Also, keep active. I walked everywhere during my pregnancy and the excess weight came off within weeks of having my baby.

Keep an eye on your weight, but keep it balanced. Don't overeat, but don't under eat either. Your baby's health is so important - as is yours!

3. paries profile image63
    pariesposted 6 years ago

reduce carbo in your diet...eat fruits and juices instead...

4. Eliminate Cancer profile image59
    Eliminate Cancerposted 6 years ago

Eat the same healthy foods you would otherwise. 

When you are pregnant, make sure you are getting the right nutrition, do not worry about the weight.  Chasing a toddler around will burn off any weight you don't want!!

5. donnaisabella profile image81
    donnaisabellaposted 6 years ago

I believe no different than the normal food we eat in order to stay healthy!

6. abu-murad profile image58
    abu-muradposted 5 years ago

Check here  the natural way you can maintain your weight which is best for pregnancy period-
    http://abu-murad.hubpages.com/hub/Natur … ht-Control