jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you have any hope for the future of this country?

1. DanielNeff profile image60
    DanielNeffposted 6 years ago

Do you have any hope for the future of this country?

Given the inability of our Congressional representatives to get anything done, and the tendency of the American people to flip flop every four years and put the other party in power - Do you have any hope for the future of this country?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I wish the news was better, but I am seriously getting concerned for the future of America.  I don't know, even idealistically what can save it.  So I don't see a lot of hope for America going forward.  I can't even fathom things changing the way they would need to for things to improve.

3. maxoxam41 profile image75
    maxoxam41posted 6 years ago

No. The legislative branch must be reformed. Its electability shall be repeated every year. New parties should rise without the burden of their financial support.
    Enough of the bipolar dictatorship of a society of two parties that intermingles in back rooms.
    Eliminate the collegial elective process.
    In any opposition between the executive and the legislative, the people should bring the solution in a referendum vote. The people should be the ones to decide which national and international policies should be implemented. Since the people reflects the majority, it should be the voice to call upon.

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

None.....get out while you can.

5. whonunuwho profile image78
    whonunuwhoposted 6 years ago

Hope is the lubricant on the wheel of life and what keeps us all going onward. Hope is followed closely by faith and that our futures will be better in each day that we are all alive. There will always be struggling in our lives, but we can make improvements almost anytime and we really need to learn to respect others and this world, in general!