jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Should a convicted rapist be chemically or physically castrated, or does the cur

1. dadibobs profile image59
    dadibobsposted 6 years ago

Should a convicted rapist be chemically or physically castrated, or does the current system work?

The argument against castrating a convicted rapist, is that the act itself is a product of anger and frustration, castrating them would probably lead to more murders.
    The argument for castration is that if a man who rapes women and children has his bits removed, or chemically reduced, he no longer poses a threat.
    What do you guys think?

2. prettynutjob30 profile image91
    prettynutjob30posted 6 years ago

I believe they should be castrated,think of the pain their victims went through.

1. profile image51
      anujaaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

think of the pain of false rape victims,,even dna evidence is false many time..go search for "innocence project",, castration is also for false rape accuser too

3. brages07 profile image60
    brages07posted 6 years ago

I think we need to reform the current system to focus on restorative justice and rehabilitation.  The most severe cases should receive life in prison.  Personally, I fail to see how hurting someone that hurts someone else improves society.  That does not excuse the actions of rapists.  It is the belief that two wrongs do not change what happened and do not make a right.

4. dadibobs profile image59
    dadibobsposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't see the act of castration as a punishment, more as a means to prevent the rapist from subjecting another woman to the same ordeal. Many rapists go on to repeat their actions. If they are chemically or physically unable to do so, the rape surely can not be repeated.

5. poetvix profile image71
    poetvixposted 6 years ago

In relation to your other question on this topic, since it won't let me answer twice there, I do not think any chemical made to reduce libido would work because libido is about sex drive.  Rape is not about sex.  It's about power and domination.  Sex is just the method used to achieve dominance and assert power.  Yes, it is a sexual act and the monster perpetrating it gets off on it for lack of a better term.  I think, however, that any drug that reduced libido would not work for the sick need such a depraved act fulfills goes way beyond simple sex drive.  It's a hunger to commit evil upon another.  The act could and would still be perpetrated and most likely more often and to a more intense degree of depravity because the "getting off part" would be missing.  It would be like a junkie that just keeps doing more and more to get high but can't ever get high enough to be satiated.

6. rajan jolly profile image87
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

Just one lineof action in this case will not suffice. A rapist is a mentally sick person foremost. So he has to have a psychological counselling done along with some physical discliplining not by physical castration, though that may appear to be the easiest solution. The physical castration may make himstrike back in revenge in other forms on the victims. Chemical castration without the rapists knowledge would probably be ok.