jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is voting for Stephen Colbert akin to voting for 'none of the above'?

1. ptosis profile image72
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

Is voting for Stephen Colbert akin to voting for 'none of the above'?

There have been other actors, wrestlers and stand up acts that later went to government service - Al Franken, Jesse Ventura & Ronald Reagan

2. Doc Snow profile image95
    Doc Snowposted 6 years ago

At this point, pretty much.  But you would be doing so with increased style and wit, were you so to vote.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image85
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

People really do believe everything they read don't they? Fox has done their job.

It is not a serious campaign...

4. chelseacharleston profile image61
    chelseacharlestonposted 6 years ago

Colbert is much more brilliant than most politicians hands down.  Just because his show isn't serious doesn't mean he couldn't make a serious difference.  I'd vote for him just because we need a drastic change so badly, and revel in whatever happened.  Whatever at all!

5. MikeSyrSutton profile image66
    MikeSyrSuttonposted 6 years ago

Yup! It's a wasted vote.
    BTW Hulk Hogan almost ran for pres. once. i would have loved to see that!

6. Craig Suits profile image76
    Craig Suitsposted 6 years ago

Personally, I think this man is a foul mouthed, wannabee comedian that needs to learn the fine lines  between trying to be funny and decency and respect.
    I'd just as soon see Check Berry in the White House...

7. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Yes definitely.  Voting for Colbert screams, "your corporate politicians suck, and your entire government by corporations suck."

8. SOBF profile image79
    SOBFposted 6 years ago

Actually, Colbert's intentions are greater than a simple "none of the above" vote. In South Carolina you can vote in the primary regardless of your party allegiance. Colbert has requested that voters vote for Herman Cain since he cannot get on the ballot. Imagine a primary in which Herman Cain garners the majority of votes. The act itself will set the entire primary system on its ear.