jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How can we end the corruption lobbying permits in The United States?

1. Moderndayslave profile image60
    Moderndayslaveposted 6 years ago

How can we end the corruption lobbying permits in The United States?

2. terrektwo profile image84
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

I don't know that we have that in our grasp, we can vote for politicians that we believe may do that but other than that it is up to the powers that be to change it.

3. Cmbeverly profile image60
    Cmbeverlyposted 6 years ago

Can't we just vote on it? Seriously aren't those sorts of things regulated by laws and amendments? Why can't we just vote on these issues? If there is a reason we can't then maybe we should address that issue. Campaign finance reform also need government finance reform... So I guess my answer is to vote... Use our collective voices to change what we don't like.

4. junko profile image76
    junkoposted 6 years ago

Cmbeverly,the answer to this question, I think is in your comment. We must be able assure certain regulations and amentments come to the floor to be voted on. We must hold any and all law makers feet to the fire who's votes are for him or herself and not the people's will. We must reform and amend campaign finance laws and regulations. In other word I parrot, Cmbeverly. Good question Slave.

5. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

The only way to reduce the impact of lobbies is to reduce the power of government. It has always been corrupt, in every place and time, and with today's monolithic, authoritarian nation-state that fundamental flaw looms larger. Historically, when the state took ten percent of your earnings, it was on the high end of the scale. People could live with that. It didn't make that much difference in their lives. Now sixty and seventy percent in overall taxation are normal, and the result is that corruption in government is six or seven times the historical norm. People can't live with that. Something is going to give.

6. Moderndayslave profile image60
    Moderndayslaveposted 6 years ago

Being that Corporations can now vote as people,they have no need to lobby anymore,right?

working