jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Who is the real Ron Paul?

1. IntimatEvolution profile image80
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

Who is the real Ron Paul?

What do you know about him, how has it formed your opinion of him?

2. michiganman567 profile image84
    michiganman567posted 6 years ago

He is the crazy man that wants to legalize drugs and close all of Americas military bases.  I wrote a hub about him if you want to know why I can not vote for him.

3. The Frog Prince profile image79
    The Frog Princeposted 6 years ago

Good question since I'm still trying to figure the guy out.  On the one hand he is a fiscal conservative and Constitutionalist like I am.  Then he lose me on national defense and foreign affairs since the Constitution specifically outlines the primary role of the federal government - the defense of this nation. 

He is a bit of an enigma. 

BTW.  I reread your profile and some of it is absolutely hilarious, especially your quotes. 

The Frog Prince

4. Freeway Flyer profile image92
    Freeway Flyerposted 6 years ago

Since I haven't hung out with the guy, I can't say for sure. But from the little I know, he seems about as authentic as any politician can be. If he were concerned with attracting votes and actually becoming president, he would not openly express ideas that are considered radical by most people at both ends of the political spectrum. Liberals don't want all forms of welfare abolished, and conservatives generally want to keep drugs illegal and are against an extreme, isolationist policy. So at the least, he seems to say what he actually thinks, whether people are going to like it or not.

working