jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why did Donald Trump wait so long to endorse his republican candidate?

1. JamesPoppell profile image84
    JamesPoppellposted 6 years ago

Why did Donald Trump wait so long to endorse his republican candidate?

I personally believe that he has this obsession to always be with the winning team, as most successful people are like this.

2. Wordsntone profile image60
    Wordsntoneposted 6 years ago

Partly Trump's vanity, loving media attention, but he is also a PR master.  It was to his advantage as to hold off, particularly for keeping his brand in the press for his Apprentice show.  Vanity and PR genius.

3. Michele Travis profile image70
    Michele Travisposted 6 years ago

I agree with you James.  Media attention is what Donald Trump loves.  He is addicted to it.

4. girlgonestrong profile image60
    girlgonestrongposted 6 years ago

I had heard that the guy was actually thinking of running himself...but I guess that was just talk.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I agree.  I think he would be devastated if he backed a losing candidate for the GOP nomination.  He waited until Romney was the clear front runner, then endorsed him.  He has quite an ego and what fascinates and frustrates me is why is his opinion newsworthy?  He is a wealthy businessman who can afford advisors, and yes people - how does that qualify him to have a "featured" opinion on the primary.

6. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 6 years ago

He might have been reconsidering his own campaign... but he probably wants to be on the winning side because, when it comes right down to it, what businessman wouldn't want to be "in" with the president?

7. feenix profile image61
    feenixposted 6 years ago

As is the case with me, Donald Trump is throwing his support behind a proven winner.

8. profile image0
    oldandwiseposted 6 years ago

I agree with some here, his ego. He waited to make sure he was on the winning side of the GOP candidate. Last thing he would want to do is pick the 2nd place finisher.