jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you support charities? Why or Why not?

1. YvetteParker profile image76
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

Do you support charities? Why or Why not?

2. Johanna Baker profile image75
    Johanna Bakerposted 6 years ago

truth? I pay a tithe on my income as thanks to God for His Provision for me and my family in everything He has given me.

3. SMD2012 profile image95
    SMD2012posted 6 years ago

Absolutely! I've spent the last 15 years of my career working in the charitable sector and I know the great things that can be accomplished when people get together and give. Having said that, I also take my time researching the charities that I give to so that I know my donation will be put to good use.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

If I find a charity where the bulk of my few dollars actually go to the charity, then I do give.  The hard part is finding that charity that doesn't use 90% of your donations  for admin and fund raising.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i only support the Salvation Army. other then that i don't. cancer, heart and stroke etc., are more about making wealthy people even more wealthy and it sickens me to know how little of the donations actually get used for research compared to how much is used to pat salaries.

6. Peggy W profile image92
    Peggy Wposted 6 years ago

Learn about the importance of supporting all types of charities for the recipient & also yourself.  Also learn how to evaluate charities so that your dollars can be spent for maximum effect. read more

7. YvetteParker profile image76
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

Thanks to each of you for your comments. Sounds like it is important to do your homework to ensure that you are supporting charities that are worthy and deserving. I'm a giver and a tither as Johanna; but very rarely do I research before supporting charities. I try to focus on those in my community which I know something about; but do support others on a national level as well. Thanks for your insight.

8. Seafarer Mama profile image87
    Seafarer Mamaposted 6 years ago

Inspired by a question posed by a fellow writer on Hub Pages, this hub describes several of the organizations that Seafarer Mama supports.  Enjoy reading and please consider donating. read more