jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What have you contributed to your community lately?

1. jpcmc profile image91
    jpcmcposted 6 years ago

What have you contributed to your community lately?

2. ZIa Ahmed khan profile image80
    ZIa Ahmed khanposted 6 years ago

I contribute towards removing poverty in my village. I set up a program in the village for that. 30% of my profits goes to removing poverty.

3. Ian Dabasori Hetr profile image80
    Ian Dabasori Hetrposted 6 years ago

I work with an NGO to do awareness on climate change and carbon trading..

4. moonfairy profile image82
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

About 10 minutes ago I donated money to the American Heart Association...our little neighbor friend is doing a "jump rope for heart" at her school.

5. DonnaCosmato profile image96
    DonnaCosmatoposted 6 years ago

I make purchases from our neighborhood merchants whenever possible to keep the dollars in our local community. I also volunteer regularly at a community mission for the poverty stricken.

6. profile image0
    pcoachposted 6 years ago

I am a computer tech. When my clients buy new computers, they usually give me the old ones to discard. I refurbish those older computers with my own money and skills and give them to veterans and other folks who cannot afford to purchase a computer. I also repair computers for free for people who cannot afford to pay someone to do it for them.

Most importantly, I buy extra food everytime I go to the store and offer it to the people in my community because these folks can't afford much. I invite them to my home to go through my many pantries to "go shopping". They other day, we invited a family over to get for free what equalled probably a month's worth of canned and dried foods. This couple is 32 years old and the husband just had a heart attack (yes, at 32 years old). He works at a coal mine and usually makes pretty good money and then all of a sudden, the income was gone.

We also buy locally to try to help our local small business owners make it through these tough Obama times.

This is what we are about. This is how you contribute to your community. I question how spreading awareness on climate change and carbon trading helps anyone in their times of need. Wow.

working