jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think Mr. Harper's trip to China will be a good thing?

1. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

Do you think Mr. Harper's trip to China will be a good thing?

will Canada benifit from it and do you think he should do business with China?

2. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 6 years ago

Might be good for China and for some corporations ... for me here in Toronto, it does nothing. It just makes me more upset that plans are being made to cut-down more trees, pollute more of our rivers and lakes with pipe-lines and so on ...
    I might be chewing on those pipe-lines with my fangs if they put-them up lol

3. Credence2 profile image81
    Credence2posted 6 years ago

I hope that you Canucks don't make the mistake of allowing yourselves to be led by the nose by corporate interests. I am sure that your prime minister is acting in the best interests of the country, regardless. If you can get concessions from China without giving up too much of value to your people and the environment, all the better.

4. point2make profile image82
    point2makeposted 6 years ago

I think his trip will not produce a lot beyond the photo ops and the "summit" deals that they sign for the cameras and for domestic consumption. Canada does, relatively, very little business with China. The best customer that Canada has, by far, is the U.S.. China would love to get their hands on all that Canadian oil but then so would the U.S. and in the end I think the U.S. wins that one.