If you had to join either the Tea Party or the 99%er's which would it be & why?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. nifty@50 profile image73
    nifty@50posted 6 years ago

If you had to join either the Tea Party or the 99%er's which would it be & why?

2. kateperez profile image67
    kateperezposted 6 years ago

Considering the hype that negates the Tea Party, and they hype that glamorizes the 99%, I think I'd go with the Tea Party.  They must be doing something right to get so much negative attention from the MSM.

The reason I chose to go the way of the Tea Party entails a clear and concise message as to what they are protesting.  I think that if someone is going to take the time to state their case, they should know what that case is.

On side-note justification, I've seen the mess that the 99% leave behind, and I've heard their problems with authority, believing that they, alone, are entitled to spend time in public parks, tear up federal, state, and local tax-payer paid for property, and get what they want.  They seem to forget that even the rich guys get to have a say in the USA.

The Tea Party groups (typically) respect authority, they let all Americans be heard, not just those who agree with them, and when they leave their day protest (they don't camp out for weeks on end) the area is cleaner than when they got there.

Waving an American flag and singing patriotic songs is more my style than the new Berkley University sit-ins we endured before I was old enough to know they were going on.

My 2 cents worth, and I'm entitled to it.  Any responses to my post will be met with respect as long as it is given.  Thank you.

3. sam3m profile image60
    sam3mposted 6 years ago

what i have seen and heard of the tea party makes me unquestionably concerned that the group is peopled by small-minded, mean-spirited individuals who appear to be, at best, a low information group.
    it concerns me that many in this group deny evolution and believe that creationism is a viable theory.
    i may have a view which sounds elitist, but the anti-education, anti-science approach to life repels me.
    joining the 99%ers is really a statement of fact.  most of us belong to that group having varied values, backgrounds, and ideas.  it appears to be an inclusive rather than an exclusive group.
    the tea party has so many negatives for me that there really is no choice.

4. Josak profile image60
    Josakposted 6 years ago

If I had to join one it would be the 99%er's I don't particularly like their views in some ways but the Tea Party is a concentrative of backwards ignorance with worryingly intolerant views about huge groups within society and also a concentrated center of selfrighteous selfishness and greed, thats the last thing this country needs.

5. JeniferD profile image60
    JeniferDposted 6 years ago

99er's of course. They're all about the working class and beleive in equality vs 'the golden rule'.  I ran three different armories during my time in the Military, and to this day, I do not own a firearm. Screw the TeaBag gang-bangers. They only care for wealth,and power, not the working class poor.

6. profile image48
    ladybabaposted 6 years ago

well lets see, since the so called tea party canidates were put in office, they do not care about the poor. the unemployed, our education system, unemplyed, uninsured,or working on the problems for the americans, they work for.
    for any informed voter is that really a ?.
    tea party was bought and paid for.
    they say they care about ONLY the debt, hum... do they know we have been indebt since the beginning of the constitution? doubt it.
    the tea party was covered wall to wall by corperate media. thats a fact!
    many of us watching were embarrassed of there racial signs, pictures of president obama
    no president has had to put up with so much disrescept, upstruction, as in the number of filabusters he has had.
    do people know they have  not still, 3 yrs later, confirm his staff!!!
    that means they are making our country functioned half staffed. how appauling!
    this is what the tea party has done.
    thats enough for me to know my fellow americans deserve so much more than to make us into the 3rd world county they want us to become
    we the people elected him. the tea party therefore disrescept democracy itself.

7. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

I do not support either group. I want to see military reduction and federal law enforcement reduction. After that, I will consider other challenges.

8. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 6 years ago

I would join the Occupy crowd easily.  The Tea Party is unknowingly supporting the exact agenda of corporate America.  They want to abolish the EPA and drastically lower taxes, even while a majority of them are older and on Medicare or soon to be on it.  They are also social conservatives, who are discriminatory towards homosexuals and female reproductive rights.

Occupy is highlighting the injustice of the current economic situation of the United States.  Many people cannot find a job, or find a good job, and others are living like royalty.  15 million children currently live in poverty in the Untied States, so I don't see it as an overly onerous sacrifice to ask Bill Gates and Warren Buffet to pay a little more of their billions in taxes.

9. Thinking Allowed profile image61
    Thinking Allowedposted 6 years ago

Well, Tea Party members conveniently started protesting when Democrats took over even though a lot of what they say they're against in this administration, was taking place in the previous administration. They were nowhere to be found then. Hmmm...wonder why

99%'s are viewed as being liberals and supporters of this administration yet they're protesting many things this administration has done.

I'll go with the less phony team that seems to stand for what they believe in no matter what as opposed to the more phony team that "stands for what they believe in" when it's convenient. 99% all the way.

10. dBrian profile image62
    dBrianposted 6 years ago

99%er of course. Tea Partyers just want Obama out, they don't know what the hell is good for them, I've never seen so many racists in my life until I seen a freaken tea party rally, it was horrible.

11. JamaGenee profile image84
    JamaGeneeposted 6 years ago

I grew up in a family who thought like Tea Partiers and it took several decades to finally be free of them.  So there's NO way I'd ever *voluntarily* become a member of such a dysfunctional bunch of backward-thinking, purposely uneducated, uncurious, provincial isolationists!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)