What is the best form of government?

1. Trajundo profile image61
    Trajundoposted 6 years ago

What is the best form of government?

Many people have a personal favourite.  Personally I live in a country that calls itself a democracy. It is really an oligarchy elected from a select pool of party officials by a sometimes disinterested open franchise guided by a media supported by vested interests and owned by a few people.  So a democracy in name only.  However an impartial judiciary and laws that apply to everyone is the aspect I appreciate.  I know that a lawful society is not guaranteed under any form of government, even a democracy.  So what is the best form of government?

2. JKenny profile image93
    JKennyposted 6 years ago

I personally prefer a constitutional monarchy, because you have all of the freedoms of a democracy, whilst the monarchy act mostly as ambassadors for tourism and diplomacy. People tend to admire and revere Kings and Queens more so than Prime Ministers and Presidents. e.g. here in England, virtually the whole country came to a standstill for the Royal wedding. But if David Cameron were to announce that he was getting married, nobody would really care.