jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What advice do you have for US President Barack Obama?

1. incomeguru profile image98
    incomeguruposted 5 years ago

What advice do you have for US President Barack Obama?

His first term in office saw unemployment rate increased, national debt high and more US soldiers were killed while on deadly mission outside US. Don't you think his second term in office will be more desastrous?

2. Bibowen profile image96
    Bibowenposted 5 years ago

Unemployment is up, but there is a high demand for document falsification in your home city of Chicago. When the people turn you out in November, you can still have a promising career. Good luck.

1. 34th Bomb Group profile image60
      34th Bomb Groupposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you completely but had to laugh at the "home city" reference. He was hatched. Most people I know, at Christmas, etc. go HOME for the holiday. Home is where the family is. Has he been there since the election? No, but he likes Hawaii!!

3. Brandon Spaulding profile image57
    Brandon Spauldingposted 5 years ago

I tend to agree, Barack Obama's policies have been disastrous for America. They have perpetuated and worsened our difficult times. If Obama is reelected, which he may be, his second term will continue to worsen America's condition. My best advice for President Obama is to immediately resign from office. Obama tricked a lot of people into voting for him with empty promises. He unpredictably governed our country from an extreme far left position. Most of the people who voted for Obama never expected him to do that. To have been a great and effective president, Obama needed to govern from the center and unite our country. Instead, Obama did the exact opposite. In my opinion, there has never been a more divisive president in the history of our country. Obama has nothing in common with Lincoln, Kennedy, Raegan, or Clinton. In fact, I think they would be and are all ashamed of Obama.

4. Tom T profile image69
    Tom Tposted 5 years ago

His strengths seem to be making speeches, taking vacations and golfing.  Those sound like terrific qualities for an ex-president so I'd suggest losing the election and getting onto what you do best...OK that's the sarcastic answer.  If he really wants to be re-elected, he needs to take something out of Clinton's playbook.  Clinton did welfare reform much to the chagrin of most in his party.  Obama needs to find such an issue and not just speak words but take action. Give some of those independents something to counter the real life consequences of his policies like high debt, taxes going up, unemployment up, burdensome regulation up, bankrupt taxpayer sponsored solar companies, selling guns to drug lords, etc.   Otherwise he's toast... and it might already be too late.  My sense is his heart isn't really in this fight though.  We shall see.

5. ib radmasters profile image58
    ib radmastersposted 5 years ago

The same thing that I would say to any president, if you can't make the country better, then move aside and give someone else a chance.

Also, incumbents should campaign only on their record, and not what they would do if they get re-elected. If is important to now how their last election campaign promises turned out, then to ignore them and get new promises.

If the old promise wasn't met, then the chances for new promises being met are slim to none.

working