jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How can we prevent or reduce hatred in the world?

1. rochelj profile image64
    rocheljposted 6 years ago

How can we prevent or reduce hatred in the world?

2. Eliminate Cancer profile image59
    Eliminate Cancerposted 6 years ago

Love unconditionally.  When someone does something hateful, respond with love, don't try to teach them a lesson.  They will learn.

If everyone did this...

Anyway, that's my opinion smile

3. Nights Dream profile image60
    Nights Dreamposted 6 years ago

Our hubs are the first step. If we, occasionally write about accepting others in our lives, that would help. Groups like "Live United" are another step, as long as we prove our words by actions. Volunteering for local associations and groups. These are just a few ideas. Phrases like: "I am against racism" are useless without the actions that back them up. Even something simple like talking to a person can reduce hatred.

4. Laura in Denver profile image80
    Laura in Denverposted 6 years ago

Reducing ideologies that promote hate would help within groups of people. It was truely amazing how Hitler created so much hate against Jews, for instance.

For individuals, reducing the blame cycle, which according to "Beyond Blame: Freeing Youself form the most toxic form of emotional BS" does not mean being a doormat.

It does mean
    1) Acknoledging yours or another person's error and consider how to repair it, if necessary.
    2) Express your need without using criticism.

Best done using "I" statements, not "You" statements.

5. The Marker profile image59
    The Markerposted 6 years ago

Remove all sorts of discrimination. Respect anyone and their rights, you don't have to love anyone just not to be hated.

6. sen.sush23 profile image61
    sen.sush23posted 6 years ago

At one time, and probably even now, in many countries there are student exchange programs. I think more of these programs, extending it to even general cityzens, should be organized by NGOs and non-profitable or government sponsored cultural activities.
    The different travel and tourism schemes should have interesting offers to far away places like- for people of USA to Malaysia and India. Malaysia is a predominantly muslim country, and a visit to it may help many Americans realize that muslims can be kind and docile too.
    Governments should insist on inviting more of honored members of society to attend diplomatic meetings - where they can go around the country, and meet the people on the streets, to understand their life and culture better and carry the knowledge back to their own country to share.

7. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

we can't. there is no "cure" for it, hatred is here to stay. personally i have no problem with people hating others, i do it.

working