jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

If a leader is chosen from the 'people of the land' ...

1. arksys profile image92
    arksysposted 5 years ago

If a leader is chosen from the 'people of the land' ...

....then it means the general character of the the leader represents the people of the land...

i.e. corrupt leader = corrupt people in that land.

not in 100% of the case ofcourse but talking about the majority... would you agree?

2. WD Curry 111 profile image60
    WD Curry 111posted 5 years ago

Give me a break. Answer the question yourself. The leaders of Pakastan are nothing but corrupt. Does that mean you are corrupt?

Pakistan is no friend of ours . . . yet. Our government officials are idiots to give you one dime. It never goes for the purpose it is intended. It goes in the pocket of a crook.

3. profile image0
    Flickrposted 5 years ago

Good question. I don't think I would agree that a leader represents the peoples views/opinions. Although that is what leaders ideally should do, leaders themselves have ideas of their own. A corrupt leader is often someone who is power hungry and just because the people choose the individual, there could very well have been false masks portraying false pretenses. The general character of the land is often different than the general character of those in power.

4. Doc Snow profile image95
    Doc Snowposted 5 years ago

No, I wouldn't.  It's often the case that a corrupt ruling elite basically holds all power, in which case there may be no link at all between the character of the leader and the mass of the people.

5. arksys profile image92
    arksysposted 5 years ago

@wd curry - i just did answer it in my question. that is what i see all around me every single day ... therefore i put the question out there to make sure its safe to assume what is stated in the question is true or not. from the other answers i guess it's the ideal scenario but in reality not often the case...

i think you are mistaken a little though ... we are not given money... we are paid for the land / air and sea space used to fight against afghanistan. you say pakistan is no friend of yours ... i say pakistan is your best ally in the war on terror... the officials are paid for the hundreds of innocent lives killed by the drone attacks in this country so they keep their mouths shut. i.e. blood money... There is a huge difference between giving and paying.

Your officials are doing it because they have no choice... the more corrupt our official the more lenient the rules and greater power for your officials.

6. Mathew James profile image82
    Mathew Jamesposted 5 years ago

if a leader is corrupt and that leader "represents' a group of people, then yes, the general character of the group is corrupt, but the followers of the corrupt leader are not at the same level of fault as the leader, unless they know the leader is corrupt and continue to follow any way.

working