jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are some ways that we can teach children about tolerance and the value of d

1. CWanamaker profile image98
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

What are some ways that we can teach children about tolerance and the value of diversity?

2. nihar2 profile image59
    nihar2posted 6 years ago

tolerance comes from adjustment in unlike situations.

Parents should not fulfill children's each and every desire for something they want.

Let them realise the real world miseries. And how they have to get adjusted. 

They will know Diversity, when they will see diverse situations in life. Bring them to varieties of places and teach them about different regions culture and traditions.

3. rlaha profile image71
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

Immerse them in different cultures, movies, have a different country night with them and make the traditional foods of that country, read history of each country to them.  All of these things can help the children get used to people of different cultures and religions.

4. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 6 years ago

Teach by example. Depending on your age, you possibly grew up in a time when you were taught that there was to value to tolerance or diversity. I live in the south. Back before the Civil Rights movement, there was definitely a class structure. Fortunately for me, my parents taught me to treat people with respect. I try to do that.

All of the suggestions made thus far have been good. Taking children to another country may not be practical for many people.

There is a song in the move South Pacific called, "You Have To Be Taught To Hate."

Unfortunately, that is very true and is practiced by many people today.

working