jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it fair to relate 'Islam' with 'terrorism'?

1. cenarius27 profile image75
    cenarius27posted 5 years ago

Is it fair to relate 'Islam' with 'terrorism'?

I need not to give any statistical proof that almost 75% of terrorist around the world follow ISLAM. We can debate that terrorists do not have any religion etc. but the question is whether Islam encourages terrorism or that is just a myth.

2. zzron profile image57
    zzronposted 5 years ago

I have to say, I don't understand ramkimeena's response. It's like you say if the majority of these terrorist are Muslim, how can Islam be the best religion if these people are constantly blowing things up and trying to kill people? I personally would consider that to be a bad sign, but that's just me. I understand that these terrorist are extremist but it doesn't make sense to say that they are part of a peaceful religion when they conduct their selves in this type of manner. Let's call a spade a spade. Friendly is as friendly does.

3. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

That is as absurd as equating Roman Catholiciscm with terrorism when the IRA were setting bombs and murdering people.  Most Muslims and most Catholics are not terrorists, they are just ordinary people living their lives as best they can the same as the rest of us.
    It is always the case that those who make the most noise are noticed the most.
    Ramkimeena, what on earth are you tallking about?

4. junkseller profile image83
    junksellerposted 5 years ago

I think it is probably more accurate to say that oppression encourages 'terrorism'. Of course depending on which side you like they might be called rebels or freedom fighters. If in fact it is even true that most 'terrorists' are Muslim, that would probably only prove that more Muslims live under oppression and poverty. Any ideological framework can be used to convince desperate people to a cause. That isn't some exclusive power of Islam.

Christian America has whacked a few hundred thousand innocent people over the past decade. Terrorism? Nope, just necessary collateral damage, evidently. Honestly, I am not sure which religion can make much of a claim to morality, considering the blood on everyone's hands.