jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why is it hard to take responsibility for our own actions when they cause trauma

1. sarmack profile image60
    sarmackposted 6 years ago

Why is it hard to take responsibility for our own actions when they cause trauma to another person?

There have been many articles and questions on depression and suicide.  The responses have been so negative.  Encouraging people to seek psychiatric help which will lead to drugs and other mind altering activities.  Depression comes from within.  Truly, most people are oppressed.  Oppression is caused by the activities of another person on your life.  Like Hitler's oppression of the Jews, bullying, gossiping, manipulating and other forms of trying to control a person's life can destroy that very life.  Why can't we see what we do to one another?

2. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Becuse people don't want to take the blame. It is always easier to blame someone else for what we have done. Mainly because we are focused on ourselves and how everything could be better if everyone just faded away. I think we need to understand ourselves better and those around us.

3. profile image55
    opitposted 6 years ago

We are not encouraged to, nor is it innate in our psyche. Oh, we are preached at and can be unselfish individually. Society is however a competition for resources with most of us losing.
    Drugs are misrepresented as to danger. Do you truly think that it is a danger to society for a person to take liberties with their own person when the British science adviser can be tossed for the presumption of saying there is no sound scientific reason for prosecution of drug users !
    Meantime I suggest you take a look for information on the Milgram Experiment.

4. sarmack profile image60
    sarmackposted 6 years ago

TY Iburmaster.  I posed the question to see how people think. 

Although I do not believe in psychology or psychiatry as positive efforts to our lives, I did look into the Milgram Experiment, opit.  Have to admit, things like the Philadelphia Experiment interest me more.

The use of drugs alters a person's ability to Hear the Voice of God.  And, the world runs amuck when no one Knows what they're supposed to be doing.  This can be seen in the chaos we experience in our efforts to live in this world today. 

Thank you both for answering my question.

Closed to reply