What ever happened to the Women's Movement?

1. hush4444 profile image71
    hush4444posted 5 years ago

What ever happened to the Women's Movement?

Feminism and the Women's Movement used to be front and center on the news, now the movement has stalled out, or in some cases, gone backwards.  Is it because we're closer to being equals, or because women have lost interest?

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

A little of both. Here in America Women have gained superiority in many areas. Medicaid for women with breast cancer but not men in some states, rape clinics for women only but none for men only (or boys only), men being put down openly but you can't dare say something bad about a woman. On top of that many of the extreme feminist became about talking down on women who chose to stay home and raise their families instead of only having a career in the work force. I have been spoken to in rude ways by a few women because I have no issue staying home and raising my children. I had a career, I saved money and invested now it's family time. I see that as ideal and many femenist see that as me be run over by my husband. I am all for equality but not superiority or attacking those who wish to do what is right for them.