jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why we think money can buy anything yet something we feel helpless?

1. Deepak Chaturvedi profile image71
    Deepak Chaturvediposted 5 years ago

Why we  think money can buy anything yet something we feel helpless?

They claim  money can buy anything like happiness but still they are not happy.

2. TheRandomPages profile image61
    TheRandomPagesposted 5 years ago

Personally I have heard money can't buy happiness, but in my opinion it can buy the things neccessary for comfort and in turn happiness. You can't go to the store and buy a gallon of happiness, if that was the case it would be constantly sold out, but you can go and buy food, or entertainment, or a vehicle. People feel helpless because they fail to see the good things in their lives. It is possible to be rich and miserable as well as poor and happy. Count your blessings.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I agree with TheRandomPages.  Money can't buy happiness but it can provide you with a sense of security, good medical care and a lot of those things that the average person agonizes over.

It will also buy a good therapist which can help if a person has problems with depression.

I think when people talk about the fact that "money can't buy happiness" they are thinking of wealthy people that are still searching for something in their lives.  And that can certainly be the case.

If I were suddenly wealthy, I would still be troubled with occasional depression but the overwhelming anxiety about caring for myself in the future, and health care concerns etc. would be alleviated and that is huge.

4. gregas profile image81
    gregasposted 5 years ago

Now, I feel a little different about this then the previous answers. I feel money can buy happiness. You just have to know where to spend the money and what to purchase. People with a lot of money can't seem to buy happiness because they spend the monney on the wrong things. You don't have to be rich to buy happiness. Some people can buy happiness by simply giving their money to someone that needs help. You can take your kids on a trip that will last a lifetime. There are many ways you can buy happiness. It doesn't have to be a big house, fancy car, expensive jewelry or anything like that. And like TRP and D'sM said, it can make things a lot more comfortable and in a way even that is money making you happy. The lack of money can make people very unhappy. My opinion, Greg

working