What are your thoughts on the uproar around Trayvon Martin's Death?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 6 years ago

What are your thoughts on the uproar around Trayvon Martin's Death?

2. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 6 years ago

As we learn more and more about Trayvon and from witnesses, it's becoming clear he's not the little kid or saint his family and the media are portraying him as. More time is needed to get ALL the information.

3. EinderDarkwolf profile image60
    EinderDarkwolfposted 6 years ago

I think the uproar around this kids death is too much. I understand wanting Justice, and Zimmerman should've been arrested the moment it was established he was responsible. However, if the kid had been white or Hispanic you would've never heard about it.

4. junkseller profile image84
    junksellerposted 6 years ago

You call this an uproar? Every decent citizen in the country should be in the streets shouting at the top of their lungs. The amount of hate that is deemed acceptable even in public discourse is grotesquely uncouth, while the hate that takes place out on the streets is terrifying. Presidential candidates curse at reporters and get a pat on the back. "Way to stand up to those disgusting liberals," people say. Give me a break. Obama says something nice about the kid and all of a sudden he is a Black Liberation Activist trying to destroy the world of white people. People demand justice for Trayvon and people start accusing him of not being a saint. I don't know, maybe that ridiculous hyperbole is the uproar you are referring to. There should be an uproar, but it should be an uproar demanding justice and an uproar challenging people who have nothing but hatred to offer. Enough already!

5. Marturion profile image59
    Marturionposted 6 years ago

I almost didn't answer this question, as it kinda violates my "don't discuss politics" life rule.  However...  The simple fact of the matter is (drum roll, please) there ARE NO SIMPLE FACTS.  Yes, I'm yelling.  Deal with it.  Zimmerman wasn't immediately arrested because running a thorough investigation into someone becomes much more difficult when they are in jail, as opposed to running around thinking they are in the clear.  As for Trayvon Martin?  Yeah, big surprise.  He was immediately made out to be the poster-boy for American youth.  And, of course, he wasn't.  Why? Because no one is.  It doesn't take away from the tragedy.  And it doesn't take away from the wrongness of it.  A young man is dead.  A family is in mourning.  And a community is left to wonder:  What just happened?
      So, if it makes you feel better to yell at the world, go ahead.  If it makes you feel better to assign blame, regardless of the lack of clear information, go ahead.  Just don't expect it to matter to anyone but, well, you.

6. profile image0
    Gusserposted 6 years ago

The leftist seem to think you are guilty till proven innocent. We have a court system, let it work. If & when the police have enough evidence to arrest, they will. Because a "GUN" was used & a black was killed, it  became political.

7. Dexter Yarbrough profile image79
    Dexter Yarbroughposted 6 years ago

My thoughts are simple. Let the investigation run its course. There are some so-called leaders in this country that seem to thrive off of these types of tragedies. One life has been lost and another severely damaged. The media and publicity hounds should hush and let the professionals seek the truth - without the threat of politics involved.

8. pstraubie48 profile image86
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

I live in a neighboring county. I know the Sanford area well as I lived there. I feel the pain that this nightmare has caused.
    One of my biggest concerns is that I do not know what happened that night. The media takes a story and runs with it and we hear the story via the press. I have
    heard' so many conflicting stories.
    The one thing I do know is that a young man is dead...and no one is in custody. A family's life will never be the same.
    And Mr. Zimmerman is looking pretty guilty....
    I do know that I would be angry and outraged if that had been my child !!!
    My one prayer is...the guilty party or parties is/are brought to justice and that Seminole county takes a closer look at policies regarding shooting to kill.

9. ShootersCenter profile image72
    ShootersCenterposted 6 years ago

They had to play the race card and make it so that whites are covering something up because he was black. I was that there is a eye witness that saw Zimmerman on the ground with Trayvon standing over him and yes the witness is black. He has punched others in the face before just like Zimmerman says happened and then there was a struggle for the gun. If they really had any evidence that Zimmerman had done anything wrong, he'd be in jail already. Let the cops to their job and justice will be served, they don't need the medias help.

10. WD Curry 111 profile image62
    WD Curry 111posted 6 years ago

How about a hub from a Central Florida boy? Coming right up!

11. CR Rookwood profile image82
    CR Rookwoodposted 6 years ago

High school boys are generally unbearable, even the nicest ones. It doesn't make it OK to shoot them.

I don't like my upscale neighbors very much. They are very snotty and make me feel vulnerable. Doesn't mean it's OK for me to chase them through through the park and shoot them dead.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)