jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you know anyone preparing for the end of the world in 2012?

1. Max Dalton profile image90
    Max Daltonposted 6 years ago

Do you know anyone preparing for the end of the world in 2012?

I have to ask: What are they doing? I'm watching a special on CNBC, and it looks like there are actually people spending a small fortune, or trying to get other people to invest a small fortune, to prepare for the end of the world according to the Mayan calendar. If you know anyone who is preparing for this, what have they done? Do they actually believe it will happen? How much have they spent to prepare?

2. profile image60
    Jayesefposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6401939_f260.jpg

Yes, I know many people who are aged more than 80 and know they wouldn't see 2013 preparing for their world end this year. The world will never end, those who live will.

3. profile image0
    Deb Welchposted 6 years ago

Personally I don't know of anyone upclose in my life who is preparing for 12-21-12,
    however, I recently watched a program on the National Geographic Channel titled - Doomsday Preppers - http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/c … y-preppers
    I was really surprised to see several scenarios of the end and to what length they are preparing for it.  Yellowstone National Park, Electrical Grid Meltdown, Survival in thier homes with weapons and food supplies for people uprising against one another - all kinds of stuff.  They are spending big bucks and making trial drills with their family - a great deal of time and effort being spent. It may happen or it may not on 12-21-12 - I cannot say one way or the other - I only know we are getting close to something huge.

4. Freeway Flyer profile image92
    Freeway Flyerposted 5 years ago

No. I try to avoid being friends with stupid people.

5. Doc Snow profile image95
    Doc Snowposted 5 years ago

What freeway flyer said.

The Mayan calendar thing is really dopy--Mayans trained in the traditional ways have said repeatedly that the cycle just starts over again.  And why, in any case, would we think that an old calendar (of all things) has any predictive value for the events of today--be the creators of it ever so wise and intelligent?

Dumb.

working