What are the key attributes that make up a person referred to as having a good '

1. Pearldiver profile image80
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

What are the key attributes that make up a person referred to as having a good 'heart' or 'nature?'

How and why do we define those around us into the good, the bad and the ugly categories and then share those perceptions with others, without considering the accuracy of that information?

2. Josh Wilko profile image60
    Josh Wilkoposted 5 years ago

I suppose one of the main qualities to having a "good heart" would be how willing they are to help their fellow man or woman. Usually, someone who offers a helping hand even if they don't really want to can be said to being "good natured" because they are taking their own time to help someone else selflessly.

It's a human tendency to judge anything. Naturally we avoid things that cause us pain and enjoy things that cause us pleasure. With regards to others, it differs from person to person. Some people will immediately vocalize their judgements on strangers, not knowing them properly. Whereas others will hold their judgements until they know the person better.

I have often judged people prematurely only to discover that they are the nicest people I have ever met. Hope this helps!

3. Jackwms profile image60
    Jackwmsposted 5 years ago

This may be a complicated question because a person can have a good heart but not be perceived as being good natured. But, taken from there, I think being raised in a loving, caring environment teaches teaches one to love and care. If a person genuinely wants to help others and society in general and pursues that course, that person is seen as having a good heart.