jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Do you think having a good posture helps you with getting the job?

1. sassydee profile image73
    sassydeeposted 5 years ago

Do you think having a good posture helps you with getting the job?

I know having a good or proper way of standing or sitting is good for the back/spine, but is it good for anything else?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5980281_f260.jpg

2. grinnin1 profile image82
    grinnin1posted 5 years ago

Absolutely. They say the first impression is made within something like 30 seconds, and first impressions are a big part of the hiring process, like it or not. Bad posture communicates lack of confidence, low energy, pessimistic attitude and many other attributes that you don't want in your job interview!

sassydeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

point made! thanks for the answer

3. Philuc profile image48
    Philucposted 5 years ago

grinnin has a good answer - a good posture shows confidence, self respect and strength.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

If a person carries themselves tall, straight and with confidence it may well affect their ability to get hired.  If someone slumps in, stooped over (and there isn't a medical reason) it gives the interviewer pause to think that this person either doesn't care or isn't confident enough to do the job.

5. Tranquilpen profile image67
    Tranquilpenposted 5 years ago

We can't all look like Beyonce but yes, unfortunately good posture is a must! Cheer right up though, as I'm going to blast you with positiveness! M O N I Q U E - Q U E E N  L A T I F A and so many more have good posture, to look really great, you have to feel really great inside and that is their secret, these women and so many others have, they feel great about themselves. Go For It Girl, You have what it takes. Andre.

6. georgyporgy profile image37
    georgyporgyposted 5 years ago

Posture is a non-verbal (body language) communication that tells others about your self-perception. Body language does not lie! One who feels confident, valued, and fearless portrays that in their body posture.

Have you seen the Walt Disney movie "Bambi"? If so, do you remember the posture of the little rabbit Thumper when he was queried by his mother? That is a fine example of what I'm trying to say.

sassydeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thanks everyone for your input and for taking the time to answer my question, you have great answers thanks!

7. profile image49
    SpiralCitiesposted 5 years ago

Just like any other type of presentation. Yes, of course. It's all the image you put out.

8. parwatisingari profile image61
    parwatisingariposted 5 years ago

of course., the posture of a person reflects the attitude of the person to life in general.

9. ChitrangadaSharan profile image55
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 5 years ago

Having the right posture, while sitting or standing definitely makes a positive impression, when you have gone for a job interview. It shows your attentiveness and sincerity towards your job, whereas lack of this will show your casual attitude. A correct posture adds to your personality, which is a prerequisite for getting a job.

10. Tonipet profile image84
    Tonipetposted 5 years ago

Definitely yes, sassydee. There may be employers who are not particular with good posture, still companies in general would be happy to hire those with good health, and a good posture is one factor they can be sure of a better work done.

working