jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Are you ever afraid to say out loud that you're having a good day?

1. kookoo88 profile image61
    kookoo88posted 7 years ago

Are you ever afraid to say out loud that you're having a good day?

When I'm having a good day, I'm afraid to tell anyone.  I think the universe might hear and try to turn it into a bad day.
    Also, there are so many people that seem excited about how miserable they are that I'm afraid they'll just stare at me in disbelief if I tell them I'm happy.

2. vicki simms profile image74
    vicki simmsposted 7 years ago

Never, if i'm having a good day I tell anyone who will listen and on the other hand, if i'm having a bad day I will tell people that too smile I have more better days than bad so dont get the impression that i'm a moaning minie

3. SocialNiche profile image58
    SocialNicheposted 7 years ago

No... absolutely not... it is good to spread positive vibes!

4. Bluehoop profile image60
    Bluehoopposted 7 years ago

No, never afraid to let it be known, smile and say good evening to a stranger, say a quick prayer of thanks, or just give the kids an extra special hug!

5. wytegarillaz profile image76
    wytegarillazposted 7 years ago

I tell people if they ask how I am as a positive happy attitude can help others !

6. Jay Louidor profile image60
    Jay Louidorposted 7 years ago

Not at all. If I'm having a good day I'll let it be known as much as I can while trying to spread the joy.

7. misterdiggs profile image57
    misterdiggsposted 7 years ago

LOL.....no but I think I know what you're getting at.

It seems the human condition to spread misery when we ourselves are miserable.

I am generally a happy person but I find a lot of miserable people in the world.

The office is notorious for trying to suck the life and happiness out of its co-workers.

Lots of miserable people out there.

8. joyce31202 profile image81
    joyce31202posted 7 years ago

No, I just said it aloud about 15 minutes ago. It feels good to say that I've had a good day. If I can complain about a bad day then I can mention a good day. I usually complain about situations and not the day itself. For the most part, however, I have a good day regardless to what is going on. I have yet to be thankful about bad situations in the day, but I'm thankful for the day.

9. Debby Bruck profile image74
    Debby Bruckposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4362667_f260.jpg

Hello Kookoo ~ You seem very sensitive to the mood of those around you, as most people find emotions 'catching' kind of like a yawn. Attempting to short cut the potential for causing your good luck to change to bad luck from a happy day to a sad day appears to be based upon past experience.

However, you will be happy to learn that having 'good' feelings and getting into a good mood also is contagious. I wrote an entire hubpages about it, which may help you to change old habits and fears. Hope you like it. Check out Happiness-is-Contagious-What-To-Do-When-You-Step-In-Poop
    Blessings, Debby

working