jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What goes around Comes around but is it true?

1. ryanu123 profile image62
    ryanu123posted 5 years ago

What goes around Comes around but is it true?

2. Perspycacious profile image81
    Perspycaciousposted 5 years ago

The quote you ask about is similar in nature to this one:  "What you plant is what you reap."  I believe the quote is more often true than not.

3. mattdigiulio profile image76
    mattdigiulioposted 5 years ago

Good question. I think that this is sadly not true all of the time. I wish it was. But my short answer is that most of the time, what goes around does come around. I think this not because of any spiritual slant but because when we lead our lives in a certain way we will tend to have similar consequences. When we strive to help others, we tend to place ourselves in environments that will give back. When we are complacent to, or active in, harming others then we tend to lead a life in this vein and will get similar actions done unto us. Hope that all made sense.

4. Freeway Flyer profile image92
    Freeway Flyerposted 5 years ago

It definitely can come true, as stupid or evil choices and actions can come back to haunt anyone. But just as often, people are victims of bad luck, and people who find justice and order in the world perceive reality selectively. Our brains are designed to find order in the chaos.

5. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 5 years ago

I believe so but it sure is irritating when you don't see it happen or when it actually doesn't. I have seen people do very hurtful and humilating things to hurt others only to have their lives crumble. While I do believe that on some level, we usually make choices that eventually create our realities, I do believe that what goes around comes around.

6. taw2012 profile image59
    taw2012posted 5 years ago

I don't think its true all the times. There are situations in life which goes around but never comes around again.

working