jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Is it true that what goes around comes around?

1. pstraubie48 profile image86
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

Is it true that what goes around comes around?

Do you agree or disagree that how you treat someone will eventually come back to you?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I absolutely believe this with all of my heart. We will reap what we sow here on earth. I'm afraid the golden rule has been forgotten by so, so many.

3. JimTxMiller profile image77
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

Or as in your karma ran over my dogma? My critically thinking objective self says NO. However, I also tend to believe forces beyond objectivity and pure logic are at work in the cosmos. My spiritual self is open to karma and related phenomena.

4. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

No I do not believe this. While it makes a good theory, there are many bad people who never have it come back around. Honestly I just think it's another one of those sayings to bring comfort to those who don't want to accept the roughness of the world.

5. carol7777 profile image89
    carol7777posted 5 years ago

I think we would all like to think so, especially if we have been wronged. I think many people do  not have conscience.  THis could also be a positive thing. Lets say you were really good to someone and they abandoned you..hopefully they will realize how good and kind you were and come back.  I know some pretty cruel people who seem to continue to reap much fortune.  So lets say I hope so.

6. petenali profile image84
    petenaliposted 5 years ago

Reaping and sowing is a Biblical and a practical principle.  Just ask any farmer, or anyone who has had their actions come back to bite them in the rear!

7. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

What goes around? Fate with a bagful of karma? Then comes around? Some Law of Soul that mysteriously balances out all our moral and immoral deeds? I don't believe in this merry-go-round, I think It's too much of a general statement to make sense for individuals and was invented to make those witnessing immoral deeds feel a little bit better.

That's not to say I don't want a world where positive actions and thoughts outweigh the negative - I strongly believe in that. But the idea that each one of us stores up goodness for some afterlife or karmic scale, or the more good we do the more good will come our way, just isn't rational. Many very good people have some rotten things happen to them - that is reality, nothing to do with karmic payback.

1. Kathryn Stratford profile image88
      Kathryn Stratfordposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Those are my thoughts exactly!

8. Kathryn Stratford profile image88
    Kathryn Stratfordposted 5 years ago

It would be nice if it worked that way, but I don't believe it does.

9. annart profile image88
    annartposted 5 years ago

This goes along with 'your sins will find you out'.  From experience, I believe we reap what we sow and whatever may have disappeared into memory rears itself at a certain moment, either for good or bad, but it definitely does come around!  It's not a matter of an outer force, it's purely your own actions that cause a chain reaction and have some consequence at some time sooner or later.

10. profile image0
    Alise- Evonposted 5 years ago

Just like has been commented above, "You reap what you sow;" so, yes, how you treat others is how you will be treated in the future. I believe people have a hard time taking more responsibility for some (not all!) things that happen in their lives, and this may be one of those areas. Just because you don't see the effects of how you treat others manifest in your life right away doesn't mean you got away with it.  You are not going to be picking tomatoes the day after you plant the tomao seed.

working