jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does kicking God out of society bring lawlessness?

1. breathe2travel profile image79
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

Does kicking God out of society bring lawlessness?

Do you think there is a parallel between prayer being banned from schools and the rise of violence in the media & crimes?

2. moncrieff profile image79
    moncrieffposted 5 years ago

Well, America has a high level of crime, whether people pray or not. There are countries where people don't pray in schools and some of them have less crime, some have more crime. So I don't see any correlation between prayer and crime.

3. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

No. The increase in violence (if there really is, I'm thinking it's just more covered by media than before) is because parents have become lazy. I did an entire hub about this just a couple weeks ago. Implying that the lack of prayer is the cause for the violence is ignoring the parent's responsibility to teach their children proper behavior.

4. Freeway Flyer profile image93
    Freeway Flyerposted 5 years ago

No. In themselves, prayer in school and other rituals have no impact. Your more general question, however, may have some basis in reality. Since a desire for a reward and fear of punishment often motivates behavior, a general belief that there is no judgment day may lead to increased immorality and crime. But this is not necessarily the case. Europe on average is more secular than the United States, but by many measures of morality, it is more ethical and less crime-ridden. Ultimately, it comes down to values, and a person does not need God to have values. Behaviors are not moral because God has ordained them as such. Instead, if a perfect God exists, He is perfect because He has chosen to align himself with what is moral and just, and these values would be moral and just whether He was there or not.

5. rave1432 profile image61
    rave1432posted 5 years ago

I honestly think all church should be separate from education and government. It won't even though it suppose to. But that is what needs to be. Lawlessness and kicking god out has nothing to do why people commit crimes. A assistant preacher killed a preacher in my town and was sleeping with his wife. God was in with that, at it was unlawful what they all did. I don't think god has any influence of what goes on. I am wiccan and I follow the golden rule. It has nothing to do with god, and I have not committed any crimes. It just depends on the person, not their religion. If they are going to do something out of desperation, which a lot of people turn to prayer first, then to crime because god did not answer their prayers. They are blaming god for it. Lawless people are lawless people regardless of religion.

working