How important is your personal privacy to you and what measures, if any, do you

1. Pearldiver profile image81
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

How important is your personal privacy to you and what measures, if any, do you take to protect it?

Personal privacy is being eroded at an alarming rate throughout the world.  With social networking sites etc. collecting, storing and sharing personal data and required to provide such data in support of government's increasing interest in bulk information and data mining, have you considered the long term effects of this?  Big brother really stands to be a reality!

2. UnnamedHarald profile image98
    UnnamedHaraldposted 5 years ago

When I discovered that Facebook actions performed (innocently) by my "friends" allowed access to my information, I removed my account. It was a hard decision because family and friends were so connected. Also, I could certainly use the exposure of Facebook to increase my Hub views. I can see why people just give in and shrug their shoulders.

To those who think that if you have nothing to hide, it doesn't matter whether our privacy is being invaded, ask them to: remove their curtains, post their credit card statements and phone logs publicly; install a web cam in every room hooked to the web.

3. reviewthelaw profile image61
    reviewthelawposted 5 years ago

It is very important but we can't just stop and be isolated in an island where there are no social networking sites, no fb or tweets. I believe that social networking sites are just a tool to widen our connections and for easy communications but there are a few things we can keep to ourselves. If these are things we would not want to divulge then don't post it anywhere in any social networking site. Holding on to privacy depends on what things you want to keep private.