jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should people be strip searched for minor violations?

1. pagesvoice profile image84
    pagesvoiceposted 6 years ago

Should people be strip searched for minor violations?

Do you agree with the Supreme Court ruling that everyone can now be strip searched, even for minor violations?

2. AlexK2009 profile image92
    AlexK2009posted 6 years ago

If there is a risk they are carrying weapons there may be a case for this. If not it is invasive and usually unnecessary.  I am told that after the last war the Allies handled the problem of German prisoners who might be armed by getting them to take a shower and while they were showering checking their clothes.  A similar procedure could be carried out at any police station.

3. profile image0
    Charles Hiltonposted 6 years ago

Most Americans assume that the abuses of the law apply to everyone but them. It never occurs to people that endorsing such intrusions into our privacy, they're endorsing their own abuse, and they'll scream and howl when the cops are probing their orifices.
    Those in power always use fear to get the citizens to go along with their curtailment of privacy and liberty. And nowadays, the American sheeple are taking the bait---hook, line and sinker.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Franklin and Jefferson.

4. ackman1465 profile image61
    ackman1465posted 6 years ago

I volunteer as a greeter in my local library...  Yesterday (the day I "work" for two hours) this blisterin' hot girl set off the scanner when she left through the door....

I SOOOOoooooo wanted to strip-search her to see if she had a book or DVD secreted on her person.... but the paid person who was at the desk waved her on.... and my chance to check her out evaporated......

Drat!!!!!

5. Credence2 profile image81
    Credence2posted 6 years ago

Its that damnable rightwing leaning SC. Strip search is an invasive procedure not warranted when one is brought in for jay walking.  Damned rightwingers are always talking about freedom, but welcome an ever encroaching police state.

working