jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

What services will be lost when the Supreme Court voids the entire Afordable Hea

1. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 5 years ago

What services will be lost when the Supreme Court voids the entire Afordable Health Care Act ?

Will the law revert to the time when women could be charged double for their health insurance? Will it take effect immediately, kicking 2.5 million young adults off their parents policies. Will those people with pre-existing conditions have their policies declared void on the same day as the law is rescended? Will 1 million children be cut off of Medicare? With the limits on costs taken off, will most policies rise between $200-$400 per month?

2. Evan G Rogers profile image76
    Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago

No services will be lost. You'll just be losing the ability to make other people be forced to pay for your health care. You still get the same services, it's just that you'll be more responsible for your own health.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I don't think any thing will be lost.  I only know that because of Obama care our health insurance premiums went up over 20%.

1. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
      Dr Billy Kiddposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It's funny looking back how people thought healthcare would increase under the ACA. Now prices have gone up only 1% in 2 years! And stocks in private insurance companies are way up. Fewer hospitals are going bankrupt!

4. Bob Zermop profile image87
    Bob Zermopposted 5 years ago

it's not necessarily a bad thing that the Supreme Court will void all of Obamacare. Though I think he meant it sincerely, giving the government even more power (over all of healthcare?) seems to me a bad idea, and the insurance mandate is clearly unconstitutional. There's a lot in there I like, namely affordable healthcare available to everyone, but it's so wrapped up in the unconstitutional mandate and long, convoluted wording that gives the gov. too much power that I think it's better to just start from the drawing board. This time, instead make gov. healthcare available, private healthcare possible, and just leave the choice to the citizen.

5. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 5 years ago

I have to say thanks to everyone for your answers. Everybody is talking from their heart and their experience. Evan's idea that the bill will force some people to pay for other's healthcare is interestering. The bill isn't generally talked about that way. Most the time, people talk of the mandate as if it is going to force them to do something. But I've yet to find anyone who is in this category. Everybody I know has health insurance, so they are not forced to do anything. I guess, if you lost your job, say, it might force you to buy insurance with the little money you have coming in. That would be rediculous. And I really don't know if there's any answer to duffsmom's predicament--health insurance costing 20% more after the passage of the law. Nothing, it seems, is going to stop the increase of health care insurance except the further limitation of service. And I still think that's probably what this whole healthcare debate is about: will Obama care mete out the services we get or will your insurance company. I expect women's health insurance to take a wack real soon, as it's already legal to charge women double in 30 or so states and the Obama bill ends that in 2014.

1. Roadrashmoe profile image60
      Roadrashmoeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

im a student at BSU in Idaho and i cant get health care like i used too. i have been denied several times and i have doctor bills and it is alos hard to pay them when it is hard to find a job to support you. i will be writting about this issues.

working