jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are there full blood Indians left in America? I have Cherokee and English blood

1. Deborah Brooks profile image78
    Deborah Brooksposted 5 years ago

Are there full blood Indians left in America? I have Cherokee and English blood in me.

I am from the North Caroline mountains one side of the mountain are the Cherokee's and the other side were the English. My Mom and Dad met in the valley. My dad's family had Cherokee blood and my mom's side English blood.

2. pstraubie48 profile image86
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

It depends on which source you are asking. Many sources says there are no
    full blooded Indians left in America. Perhaps the best way for you to get real, true verification would be to contact members of the American Indian Tribal Council. That way you would not get misinformation. I am of Cherokee descent as well.

3. WD Curry 111 profile image60
    WD Curry 111posted 5 years ago

There are plenty of full blooded First Nation Americans around.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

When my husband was a missionary we lived on the Makah Reservation, and later on the Wind River Reservation and knew many Native Americans who could trace their history way back, so I do believe there are full blood Native Americans in the US.

5. Lawrence Da-vid profile image60
    Lawrence Da-vidposted 5 years ago

Deborah!....Yes there are, but you'd have to visit their reservation to meet them.  I have met Navajo, Apache, Zuni, Inuet, and several other tribes.  In fact, the boss and I have two indian children adopted years ago from disfunctional destroyed families.  After college, they both migrated to their native homeland, but are our children in all respects.