Please answer: Who is you favorite President? And why?
I am doing a survey for a project, so I need to get several answers. Thanks!
You have not specified the country you are referring to. If it is USA, then undoubtedly it is Franklin Delano Roosevelt (FDR) who became the US President four times (1932, 1936, 1940 and 1944) and steered the allies to a victory in the Second World War. FDR also managed the Great Depression of the thirties very well by creating millions of jobs through big projects like Tennessee Valley Corporation. It was FDR who demonstrated that under recessionary conditions, the government should not mind about its fiscal deficit and spend money for creating jobs.
If you mean India, then my vote goes for Abdul Kalam who contributed to the development of India. In a way Abdul Kalam was a fool compared to the present President Pratibha Patil. Pratibha Patil has incurred more than Rs.200 crore expenditure for India, visited several foreign countries with her family members and enjoyed a luxurious life. But Abdul Kalam did not even live in the Presidential Palace with his family members. He lived alone. He also did not take any of his family members abroad at government's expenses. Don't tell me that Abdul Kalam was a bachelor and he had no family. He had other family members like his brothers, their children etc
Thank you for pointing it out, ramkimeena! Yes, it is USA.... I am looking for US Presidents.
Your question is hard to answer because it is difficult to compare one of the Founding Fathers to more contemporary presidents.
But, I sense you are looking for specifics, so here goes.
My vote goes to Harry Truman
1. He was handed the task of succeeding the only president who had been elected to four consecutive terms. (FDR died shortly after being elected to the fourth term)
2. Through the Marshall Plan he rebuilt Europe more quickly than ever though possible.
3. Like it or not, he gave the order to drop the first Atomic bomb. Thousands were killed, but more would have died if the war had dragged on for two or thee more years.
4. He saw to it that the White House was repaired before it fell apart.
5. He removed Gen. McArthur from his command, before he had a chance to grab civilian authority.
6. He was a man of the people.
7. He fooled the pollsters and news media by winning re-election in his own right.
8. He shifted our economy from a wartime economy to a peacetime economy.
9. No scandals (to my knowledge) were associated with his administration.
10. He knew who was ultimately responsible for all the actions of his administration by proclaiming with a sign on his desk, "The Buck Stops Here."
Many presidents have done great things. Washington invented the presidency and kept it from becoming a regal position. Jefferson approved the Louisiana Purchase. Monroe announced that North America was no long open to colonization, FDR fought the Depression and WWII. Kennedy-Johnson gave us Medicare, the Peace Corps, Civil Rights Legislation and the push to send man to the moon.
by wiserworld 4 years ago
Who is your favorite US President of all time? Least favorite?
by Maria Magdalena Ruiz O'Farrill 13 months ago
What makes you proud of your family members?
by Paula 7 months ago
Why are so many people selfish and mean, even to family members?Maybe I shouldn't be surprised any more, but why are so many family members selfish and hurtful to other family members? Life is precious, and flying by, and even if someone isn't your favorite person, why can't more just be kind...
by RELATU 4 years ago
Has anyone suffered domestic abuse from their husbands or family members?When I was pregnant with my first child I was in high school unmarried and I suffered from dirty gossip and my childs father tried to hit me with a pool ball throwing it thru my grandmother screen glass door. But I survived...
by Efficient Admin 7 months ago
Is it okay to avoid family members that you just don't like?If you just can't seem to get along with parents or siblings, etc... and just can't get along and enjoy each other's company, is it okay to avoid them altogether? What if you disown them?
by Wesman Todd Shaw 6 years ago
Of the Two Presidents Bush - Which Bush President was worse?Everyone should have an opinion or answer for this - even if you think both presidents named Bush were great leaders - one of them had to be best, right?So which Bush president was WORSE, and why?
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|