This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Who is your favorite US President of all time? Least favorite?

1. wiserworld profile image92
    wiserworldposted 4 years ago

Who is your favorite US President of all time? Least favorite?

2. conradofontanilla profile image82
    conradofontanillaposted 4 years ago

May favorite US president is Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Least favorite is Bill Clinton. Roosevelt saved USA from the Great Depression. He was elected to four terms as president. He was a master in delegation perhaps because he was afflicted with polio and was glued to the wheelchair. He could climb a stair alone though backward, sitting on each step and pulling himself upward to the next step. He laughed at his disability, making jokes of his legs. He was one of the Big Three, together with Winston Churchill, prime minister of Britain, Joseph Stalin premier of Russia,, who led the Allies against the Axis powers in WWII, then decided the fate of the world in 1945 when Hitler was in the verge of defeat.
    Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives and acquitted by the Senate. The reason is that liaison with a woman is not an impeachable act. He gave out the most number of pardon including his brother in law, and a head of organized crime.

3. tsadjatko profile image55
    tsadjatkoposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8417186_f260.jpg

Least favorite? - you have to be kidding. My favorite has to be Barack Hussein Obama.  No other president has ever knowingly lied so often directly to the American public and been re-elected, (e.g. "if you like your health-care plan, you can keep your health-care plan" and "If in fact IRS personnel engaged in the kind of practices that have been reported on and were intentionally targeting conservative groups, then that's outrageous. And there's no place for it," Obama said. "And they have to be held fully accountable." (accountable? ha ha -that means promoted) oh and his explanation of Benghazi was precious. President Obama’s comments following the attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi blames the attacks on a video and avoids calling the attacks terrorism.
    Yep, of all the worst presidents in history he definitely is my favorite - Why I didn't even know we had 58 states til he cleared that up for me at a campaign appearance in Beaverton, Oregon, on May 9, 2008.  Obama said, "It is just wonderful to be back in Oregon. And over the last 15 months we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states; I think one left to go." and he wasn't even president then!
    Yes sir this man knows things nobody ever knew...I just wish he could serve a third and fourth term so he can really teach this country something! What a knave...

4. My Esoteric profile image90
    My Esotericposted 4 years ago

It is relatively easy for me to pick the favorite, Abraham Lincoln; he held the country together and he had the courage to get the 13th Amendment passed.  Picking the worst is much harder as most Presidents have good and bad points.

Andrew Jackson was 1) responsible for the expanding suffrage to all white males, yet 2) he was also responsible for the Trail of Tears which was the ethnic cleansing and thousands of deaths of Native Americans out of Georgia.

George Bush 43 who purposefully led America into a costly, both in terms of blood and treasure, unnecessary war in Iraq and who oversaw the economic policies that led to the worst recession since 1937.  Yet, he had the wisdom to leave his philosophy and Party behind and support TARP, one of the pillars which prevented a full-blown depression.

I can go down the list of other Presidents who caused depressions (pushing through the Silver Act) or recessions, were simply incompetent (Teapot Dome), and the like; there are simply a lot to chose from.

5. Bibowen profile image96
    Bibowenposted 4 years ago

My favorite president was George Washington. Historians have called him the "indispensable man" and the more I read about him, the more I think they're right. He led America's independence, led the Convention that gave us the Constitution, and was a dependable model for the first chief executive. As for my least favorite, it's got to be Lyndon Johnson. LBJ was a bully and a tyrant--a thoroughgoing megalomaniac. LBJ enjoyed bullying little senators to push his agenda to expand the nanny state. He can be "credited" with putting us on the road to accept one health care boondoggle after another. Whenever I read about him, I feel like I need a shower.

6. Snøwman profile image59
    Snøwmanposted 4 years ago

The best was George Washington. There was no corruption in him. He followed the constitution perfectly. He was actually elected unanimously for both of his terms. Everyone loved him. The argument back then was "How are we going to elect George Washington?" not "Who are we going to elect?"

The worst, Barack Obama. He completely ignores the constitution.

working