Why do many Republicans including Newt Gingrich hate Mitt Romney?

1. Joan King profile image71
    Joan Kingposted 5 years ago

Why do many  Republicans including Newt Gingrich hate Mitt Romney?

Mitt has been called among other things, 'Pious Baloney", "Vulture Capitalist" and "Ken doll" by his own Republican party members and it is said that many Republicans are "settling" for Mitt Romney. Is Romney hated because of his fate, because he is not considered a true Republican, or because he is not trusted by conservatives?

2. profile image0
    Hubert Williamsposted 5 years ago

People often hate that the achievements of others rather than hating the person. It possibly makes them feel that the achiever, by reaching so many goals in some way has deprived others from reaching the same gratification. Instead of hating a person for their achievements, we should learn and replicate. At least that is what I think. If your were to take this opinion  to Starbucks, they would still make you pay for your coffee.

3. J Elaine profile image60
    J Elaineposted 5 years ago

The reason I got involved with the Republican Party is to get it back to candidates and elected officials who follow the party platform. Mitt Romney has strayed far from that platform and he represents many others who have done so for decades.
    The party leadership has had the mistaken idea that they need to run moderates to appeal to the independents even though that policy has failed over and over. This time, true blue Republicans were looking for a strong conservative who would be a stark contrast to Obama and we lost. It's not that we hate Romney, we just feel passionately that he was the wrong man for the job and that we are being forced to accept him like it or not.
    Unfortunately it's going to take a long time to turn this party around, but I'm still willing to fight.