What is the single most important issue facing society today?

1. Debbiestrange profile image59
    Debbiestrangeposted 6 years ago

What is the single most important issue facing society today?

I'm always interested in seeing what different people think as to what are the most pressing issues we face today in our society.  Let's discuss.

2. Philanthropy2012 profile image89
    Philanthropy2012posted 6 years ago

As it will always be, wealth disparity.

3. Barnsey profile image80
    Barnseyposted 6 years ago

I think the biggest issue we have right now is the lack of jobs. Not top shelf jobs, mind you, but ordinary ground floor jobs in which employers are willing to hire inexperienced applicants. The city kids that do not stay in school and go to college are doomed, they realize that and logically turn to crime. For instance, do you really need experience to be a pressure washer? A lawn maintenance laborer? A general labor job in a warehouse? When I was young and worked through temp services I didn't need any specific experience yet I was sent to many jobs to do many different tasks. Look at the jobs today and even the most menial demands some kind of experience. They are literally closing the doors to people who have lost their jobs and have been forced to seek other forms of employment. This elitist nonsense is not mentioned anywhere of course because the wealthy employers are telling the government they are offering jobs thus they are doing no wrong.

working