jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is the one most important issue our country is facing today?

1. Miss Knowledge77 profile image83
    Miss Knowledge77posted 6 years ago

What is the one most important issue our country is facing today?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6010427_f260.jpg

2. zzron profile image55
    zzronposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4903855_f260.jpg

We have a government who no longer has the people's best interest at heart!

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Without a doubt a large part of the problem is the economy, lack of jobs, people owing more money on a house than what it's  worth....etc However the biggest problem is our collective mindset that things aren't going to get better.
    In fact the reason why the stock market often moves up or down is based upon what investors "think will happen" and not what is actually taking place in the moment. As the old saying goes: "Perception is reality".
    According to economic teachings a recession is over once the nation shows growth for 2 quarters. We have accomplished this already. However if everyone chooses not believe we have turned the corner consumers will not spend, businesses will not invest, banks will not lend, and no jobs will be created.
    One of two things will eventually happen. Either we will get tired of holding back and start spending and investing again or someone/something will inspire us to really believe better days are on the horizon.

4. somethgblue profile image87
    somethgblueposted 6 years ago

Education, as a recent college graduate at age 49, I can honestly say that my High School education thirty years ago was TEN times better than the one I'm still paying for.

We are a nation of sheep being lead to the slaughter, through our own ignorance and contempt prior to investigation. We let the TV do our thinking for us, we allow criminals to run our country into the ground and we fight useless, illegal Wars while allowing other countries to simple starve to death.

If America stopped feeding our cows better than 4 billion people on this planet we could easily feed the planet and garner some good will in the process, yet we actually pay farmers not to grow crops and make other crops illegal.

America has got to be the stupidest country on the planet hands down!

5. christopheranton profile image74
    christopherantonposted 6 years ago

Whose country are you asking about? There are almost two hundred of them on the planet. Is it China, or India? They are the most populous. Or is it Haiti, one of the poorest? Perhaps it is The Congo? This country lost millions of its inhabitants in recent civil conflict. Maybe it is The United States you mean? This is the richest country in The World. Compared with most of the rest of humanity, it's citizens have no problems.
    I am sorry for being so pedantic, but this is an international site, so I just had to ask.

6. Grime Remix profile image61
    Grime Remixposted 6 years ago

Thank you for this question.  I agree with the answer stating education is the most important issue.  Not just an education but a high quality education void of political distractions and budget worries. 

Another issue would be the overall negative attitude you can easily catch wind of from most people.

7. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 6 years ago

What country is that?  The world needs to know the details so that it can give a sensible answer.

8. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Economy - lack of jobs.  Without jobs there is no education, to advancement of any kind and we all suffer as a result.  People need to get back to work so we can care for our families, educate them, or even just clothe and feed them.

working