jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think a woman will be president of the US in the next 20 years?

1. rmcleve profile image80
    rmcleveposted 5 years ago

Do you think a woman will be president of the US in the next 20 years?

2. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

Yes, I do believe a woman will become president within the next 20 maybe 24 years. It is going to take a woman who has exceptional qualities that far exceed any of the recent male candidates and one who has the credentials to be president.

I did not support Hillary Clinton for President, partly because of the baggage she carried by being married to Bill Clinton. I think she has done an outstanding job as Secretary of State and will be remembered in history for her achievements. I still would not support her for president.

I cannot give you a name and chances are I will not be around 20 year from now. I do not think that a woman elected as vice president will have a clear shot as President. I think she is going to have to win on her own, if not on the first try, then on the second.

3. ib radmasters profile image59
    ib radmastersposted 5 years ago

Yes, and I think it could happen in 2016,

The bar is set pretty low by the men that have become president and even those that just ran for president.

Clearly Obama has shown that the requirements to be president do not vet the qualifications of being president. With Obama we couldn't even establish his citizen. He had no real qualifications to be president, and his record as Senator for Illinois is dismal.

While I am not a fan of Hillary Clinton, I would have preferred her to be president over Obama.

We already have many women governors, and Secretaries of State so I think it is only the women's vote that would keep a women out of the presidency.

4. T. R. Brown profile image77
    T. R. Brownposted 5 years ago

There is certainly a chance.  It really depends on timing.  If Obama is seated then you have the potential of 16 years with a prez and vice prez.  Those nominations would pretty well be locked in, so it would depend on whether Romney has a female VP.  Should Obama win, it is unlikely that Biden would win a nomination so if there was a strong and willing candidate who was female it could happen then.  At any rate, had Obama not out maneuvered Clinton in the caucus states last time, Clinton would have had a great chance.  Is the US ready for a woman Prez, yes.  Will the timing work in the next 20 years, who knows.