Why do married people complain about their status, yet urge singles to get marri

1. factsknowing profile image72
    factsknowingposted 5 years ago

Why do married people complain about their status, yet urge singles to get married.

Married people always make comments like, "you are still single, you don't have any problem."

2. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

I agree with you! I've stayed single through choice and because it gave me the life style that I wanted. But even yet I get the question from married friends -  'not thinking about getting married yet?' -  and then in the next breath they're telling you how crap it is to be married and that I did the right thing by remaining un-hitched! Confusing or what? I don't think they even realise that they are giving out two different messages. So as to why they do so is a puzzle?

3. Danieljohnston profile image87
    Danieljohnstonposted 5 years ago

Misery loves company? Hah, I think the closer answer is that they are seeking social conformity. Or, in another way to think of it is people expect people to get married in life. Like, 'when are you getting a car', 'when are you getting a job', 'when are you getting a house'.

I also think, that people like to complain a lot. I complain a lot about my relationship but don't mean half of it, and the things I do mean are compensated by the good qualities of being attached.

working