jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Before and after reactions to achievement.

1. alian346 profile image72
    alian346posted 5 years ago

Before and after reactions to achievement.

When you achieve something major in your life why do certain people say 'I knew you could do it' even though beforehand they would either say nothing or 'You're never going to be able to do that'?

2. maggi1612 profile image57
    maggi1612posted 5 years ago

..because everyone wants to be associated with people who are successful..success lures people!When the ideas of people go wrong ,they are bound to look foolish hence they have no choice but to support you..

3. rlaha profile image68
    rlahaposted 5 years ago

I agree with maggie1612. Everyone wants to be associated with successful people. Also, I think that those people don't want to admit the hurtful things they might have said before so they say that they knew you could do that.

4. d.william profile image74
    d.williamposted 5 years ago

People in general are down right rotten to the core and if someone else thinks of a new idea, a new project, or attempts to better themselves, those who are jealous, lazy, and wished they were in that positions themselves, will always be negative and non supportive. 
    As soon as that person achieves something major those negative non supporters suck up to them in hopes of getting some of their "trickle down" success.   Much like the GOP mentality sucking up to the wealthy in hopes of getting a few free crumbs from their hoarding, or earn some extra money from them to buy their support and loyalty.

5. cherriquinn profile image78
    cherriquinnposted 5 years ago

Hi there Ian.    Fear my dear I think plays a huge part in either saying nothing or relaying doubts, and then as others have pointed out feeling the need to be associated with success and therefore reinforcing that by "I knew you could do it" We mortal human beings are full of insecurities about what we should or should not say or do. Shame really.

6. calpol25 profile image70
    calpol25posted 5 years ago

Thanks for this question Ian, I always get people saying that to me when I achieve something and then beforehand you get plenty of negativity x

Some really great answers x

working