jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should Presidents be executable for treason, and if so under what authority and

1. Jaggedfrost profile image79
    Jaggedfrostposted 5 years ago

Should Presidents be executable for treason, and if so under what authority and by whom?

2. TomBlalock profile image81
    TomBlalockposted 5 years ago

If the treason is gross and undenialble, and provable in a court of law, I would say the possibility should exist. However, one should way the intention of the treason, as well as what physical harm it caused people. If this is a loaded question about Obama, then I'll say I despise him, think him a coward, and that he wants to control the American people in all the wrong ways. However, he hasn't done anything meriting a charge of high treason. Nothing we can't repair, or change.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

Ha Ha! First, Americans couldn't agree on the charge and then we would need a Presidential "Death Row" because we would be conflicted on the death penalty. Sad but true.

4. Jaggedfrost profile image79
    Jaggedfrostposted 5 years ago

To clarify, there are a number of presidents who have done things, on both sides of the isle which seem to fit the categories or definitions of treason that exist in military codeci.  The question isn't as hypothetical as it is a practical exploration of current moral and ethical attitudes of those who wish to respond to the question.

working