jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

What's more important, power or money?

1. yeagerinvestments profile image86
    yeagerinvestmentsposted 5 years ago

What's more important, power or money?

2. profile image0
    Jade0215posted 5 years ago

The more power you have, the more money you tend to have. If you're the president you still make more than the average citizen for example. I personally would choose money over power. The world revolves around it and in order to survive you need it, power is just something I'd never want even if it brought in a greater income.

3. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 5 years ago

Money "is" power, so I'd have to go with money. 

"He who controls the money supply of a nation controls the nation." -- President James A. Garfield

Were you aware that the US Federal Reserve is actually privately owned?

4. dghbrh profile image77
    dghbrhposted 5 years ago

power brings more money
    then again money brings more power.
    but money without power may also is very much easy and possible.
    power brings legitimate money to many extent
    for me its POWER which will sure to bring money in due course.

5. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

Money and power are temporary fixations with an inherent shelf-life. Consequently, they are not very important in the grand scheme of things.

6. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

If I am to choose my own, it will be health.

For your question, I believe it will be power that equals authority. Money may be important but as compared with power, I would go for power of authority.

It helps me to gain recognition and respect when it is being used correctly (not abusing of power). Remember those days when I had a group of people working under me and we had a nice time of doing our jobs. We understood the difference in ranking, one that has the authority that needed to respect and obey.

Those days were wonderful with 100% co-operation and works were done without any hitch.

7. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 5 years ago

This question seems to me to refer to 'external' power and money.  In other words, the being in a position of power refers to power over other human beings, such as that of a medieval king, emperor or, in more modern times, a national president or dictator.   If this is the case then power and having great wealth often go hand in hand, so the question is valid.

However, if you are talking about power over your own self, the ability to be in complete charge of your own body, mind, emotions at all times, then you are on the way to having REAL power.   Such people are obvious to us all, even though not many come along.   People like Mahatma Ghandi and  Mother Teresa.  And if you believe - as I do - people who had no intention of being worshipped but were, after they died, regarded as saints - even gods.  The founders of most great religions would fall into this category.    Often these people had no money to speak of...but they did have power.   This sort of power is infinitely greater than money.

8. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

You can't have "real power" without money in your pocket or at least having someone else with money to back your ideas.

9. Virtuous1 profile image60
    Virtuous1posted 5 years ago

I like the question you asked but if you don't mind I am going to answer another way. I would say wisdom would be better than the two and for this reason when you have wisdom the other two will follow along... People pay for wisdom and power and money because wisdom can't be contain by man but only though Christ. See in Solomon days he was very rich and he obtain many things just to entertain him and because of his wisdom people gave him much gold and silver which today is money for us.

10. alphonse george profile image61
    alphonse georgeposted 5 years ago

its power that brings money so power is important

11. Darrell Roberts profile image69
    Darrell Robertsposted 5 years ago

Money is a median of exchange.  Power is the ability to achieve ones goals.  I would conclude power is far greater than money.  I would use my power to get money and any thing else I wanted.

Best wishes.

12. Ciel Clark profile image74
    Ciel Clarkposted 4 years ago

Most important is time, so whichever of the above that allows you to have more time --that is the one I would choose.

13. stas karimov profile image61
    stas karimovposted 19 months ago

Truth and freedom are more important than power and money.

14. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 5 weeks ago

Both, you can't have one w/o the other.