jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Does Racism still exists in South Africa?

1. moiponetsoka profile image69
    moiponetsokaposted 5 years ago

Does Racism still exists in South Africa?

It is amazing how some white people still use the K word to refer to black people in this day and each.

2. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 5 years ago

When ever two or more races mix we will find racism.  I have no idea what the k word is but I do know what it is like to be called 'white b******' by some blacks and Pakistanis I worked with.

3. moiponetsoka profile image69
    moiponetsokaposted 5 years ago

Unfortunatly I cannot tell you what the k word is its very offensive but for a known model post on her twitter account saying things like that k.....r just because she was pissed.I understand racism is across nations

4. Just_Rodney profile image80
    Just_Rodneyposted 5 years ago

Racism, unfortunatly will always exist, somehow one tends to forget names one group tend to use when refering to another group can be deemed derogatory. However when you look at the dictionary definition of that particular word, it means infidel or unbeliever. So a vast number of the worlds population fall into that group.
    It would be interesting to know what the black people call us white people?

5. ixwa profile image84
    ixwaposted 5 years ago

Racism in South Africa never went anywhere. It has always been there and there was never a time it was never there. It still exist up to now. One can just check FB in South Africa then one can see it displayed in its full glory and gory. If you were born in South Africa, and are still amazed that the worked "Kaffir" is still used to refer to Africans by Racist Whites, then you must have been living in some quarter of South Africa, one still has to discover, that has no racism. The Web itself offers so much that one can read about especially the racist posts in various sites that still say that Apartheid was better for Africans.. and some directly call Africans in South Africa in many colorful names, and so forth... Well, my sister, since 1652, to 2012, racism in South Africa is alive and well.. And it shows no signs of abating...

6. GERALD-710 profile image60
    GERALD-710posted 5 years ago

Actually,Now reverse racism is more common.Look at the Government policies,the are all about 'black empowerment'.While there is nothing wrong with uplifting the black community,doing so at the expense of another is racism.The excuse,Apartheid,
    Also notice how violence is usually targeted against whites(That is a fact,the regions with the highest black populations as a percentage like Limpopo have low crime.I do not need to mention the crime statistics of Gauteng)
    No wonder close to a million whites have left South Africa since 1994

7. Butch Hannan profile image59
    Butch Hannanposted 2 years ago

Yes, it does exist. It exists not only between black and white but also between the different ethnic tribes.