jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Why do politicians continue to lie to us, why don't they tell the truth anymore?

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image88
    BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago

Why do politicians continue to lie to us, why don't they tell the truth anymore?

There is so much spin put on every news story you hear. Why have we moved away from telling people exactly what the truth is?

2. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Because their remit is, lie through your teeth about evreything to grasp on to power.  Telling plausible porkies is one of the qualifications for the job.

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image88
      BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well I agree with your sentiments MickS but exactly why do they continue to do so, why doesn't someone buck the trend and start telling us the truth?

2. MickS profile image70
      MickSposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Watcha Brian,
      Because they are control/power freaks and if it needs lying to continue to grasp the power they crave they will. Why? Lack of honour, lack of self control; telling the truth may lose them control so they don't.

3. veritorogue profile image61
    veritorogueposted 5 years ago

Because there are enough mindless, ignorant ideologues in our nation to neutralize the informed, insightful and reasoned among us making lying the only way to gain power, ergo most of our politicians are liars. It is much like the scab of a husband whose wife stays by his side no matter how much he cheats and lies. She believes what he says and ignores what he does.

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

"Anymore"?! When did they ever tell the truth? Once upon a time, ordinary folks were not allowed to vote. In those days, the politicians never made promises to the public or explained themselves. But once "Joe Everyman" was allowed to vote, the politicians started lying to everyone to get elected. And that's democracy. It works better when the population is well-educated.

1. veritorogue profile image61
      veritorogueposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I wish I could hit the up vote 100 times OE. You nailed it.

5. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure politicians have ever been known for telling the truth.  I'm not defending all the lies, by any means; but in at least a little fairness about SOME of the lies that get told, the fact is a whole lot people don't take really well to being told something they don't want to hear.

6. nextstopjupiter profile image80
    nextstopjupiterposted 5 years ago

Politicians don't tell the truth because they are the slaves of Big Finance and other similar mafia organisations which don't allow them to tell the truth.

working