What is the most important issue facing the 2012 Election?

1. poeticmentor profile image76
    poeticmentorposted 5 years ago

What is the most important issue facing the 2012 Election?

So much is happening so fast..It's like we are being set up by politicians and bankers both. I have read so many new bills coming into law, new policies taking effect...Are our freedoms slowly being taken away without us even realizing it?  Help me understand the Most important issue(s) facing the 2012 Election.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6778076_f260.jpg

2. Peter Geekie profile image82
    Peter Geekieposted 5 years ago

Being a UK citizen I don't know the details of US politics but this should be an opportunity to take a step back and try to see through all the rhetoric, self serving and downright corruption in politics of any persuasion or nation.
    You have to ask yourself has Barak Obama lived up to his pre-election promises or even any of them. Has he discharged himself in an honorable and honest way ? Has the USA prospered or become anymore secure under his leadership ? With the state of the world economy and security is he addressing the issues in a competent and statesmanlike manner ? Finally do you feel you can trust anything he says ?
    If the answer to any of the questions is no then you must ask yourself if there is any of the other runners you could say this about.
    If the US political situation is anything like that of the EU then your answer is almost certainly no.
    The only consideration then open to you is to vote for the person you feel will do you and your country the least damage.

Kind regards and good luck Peter.

3. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 5 years ago

The 2012 election must be a referendum on the national debt and deficit; a realization that ObamaCare is not anywhere close to the answer...in fact it is a step in the wrong direction, realization that government redistribution of wealth through increased taxation will not improve the plight of either the nation or the poor; a return to constitutional governance with checks and balances intact; an opportunity to remove deadlock from the Congress and move toward some level of compromise in government and policy.  Those seem key to me in not returning the country to a level of stability but also to restoring our maintaining our individual rights. WB

working